YASUDA KazunoriVisiting Professor
- Laboratory of Soft & Wet Matter
- Research Theme
- Investigation on molecular mechanisms of effects of functional polymer gels on cells and tissues and its application to medical treatments
- Research Keywords
Soft matter, Polymer gel, biomaterials, artificial cartilage, artificial tendon and ligament, cartilage regeneration, ligament regeneration, signal transduction, material genomics, regenerative medicine.
Overview of Research
- Development of novel surgical treatments for osteoarthritis of various joints using the principle of artificial cartilage and meniscus, which was originally developed using multi-functional double-network gels,
- Development of ex vivo methods to control differentiation of various cells using multi-functional double-network gels, and elucidation of its molecular mechanism.
- Application of these ex vivo methods to development of novel therapeutic methods (e.g. an induction method with PAMPS/PDMAAm DN gel for spontaneous articular cartilage regeneration).
- Creation of a new scientific field, material genomics, which clarifies the molecular mechanisms of various life phenomena using soft matter.
- School of Science:
- Graduate School of Life Science:
- Faculty of Advanced Life Science, Department of Advanced Transdisciplinary Sciences, Soft & Wet Matter Science
- Frontier Research Center for Advanced Material and Life Science, Global Collaboration Unit, Soft Matter Collaborative Research Unit