NAKANISHI TakashiVisiting Professor
- Laboratory of Functional Soft Matter
- Research Theme
- Development of novel functional molecular & polymer materials based on molecular softness
- Research Keywords
molecular liquid, ionic liquid, polymer gel, block copolymer, stimuli-responsive materials, optoelectronic function, self-assembly, dynamic biomimetics, sensor, actuator
Overview of Research
Target of our research is to develop novel optoelectronically functional liquid as well as self-regulatable smart soft gel materials based on the design for low molecular weight π-conjugated unit, ionic liquid, and block copolymer building blocks. Accompanying with gaining insight into physicochemical property/structure/function for these soft matter, we develop highly functional energy conversion/stimuli-responsive materials (i.e. sensor, actuator, synthetic cellular matrix) which can be potentially utilized for advanced stretchable electronics, robotics, and biomedical applications.
- School of Science:
- Graduate School of Life Science:
Division of Soft Matter, Functional Soft Matter (Inter-field Cooperation with NIMS)
- A. Shinohara, M. Yoshida, C. Pan, T. Nakanishi, “Stretchable π-conjugated polymer electrets for mechanoelectric generators”, Polym. J., 55, 529-535 (2023).
- Z. Guo, A. Shinohara, C. Pan, F. J. Stadler, Z. Liu, Z.-C. Yan, J. Zhao, L. Wang, T. Nakanishi, “Consistent red luminescence in π-conjugated polymers with tuneable elastic moduli over five orders of magnitude”, Mater. Horiz., 7, 1421-1426 (2020).
- A. Ghosh, M. Yoshida, K. Suemori, H. Isago, N. Kobayashi, Y. Mizutani, Y. Kurashige, I. Kawamura, M. Nirei, O. Yamamuro, T. Takaya, K. Iwata, A. Saeki, K. Nagura, S. Ishihara, T. Nakanishi, “Soft chromophore featured liquid porphyrins and their utilization toward liquid electret applications”, Nature Commun., 10, 4210 (2019).
- F. Lu, E. A. Neal, T. Nakanishi, “Self-Assembled and Nonassembled Alkylated-Fullerene Materials”, Acc. Chem. Res., 52, 1834-1843 (2019).
- A. Shinohara, C. Pan, Z. Guo, L. Zhou, Z. Liu, L. Du, Z. Yan, F. J. Stadler, L. Wang, T. Nakanishi, “Viscoelastic Conjugated Polymer Fluids”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 58, 9581-9585 (2019).
- J. Hollamby, M. Karmy, P. H. H. Bomans, N. A. J. M. Sommerdjik, A. Saeki, S. Seki, H. Minamikawa, I. Grillo, B. R. Pauw, P. Brown, J. Eastoe, H. Möhwald, T. Nakanishi, “Directed assembly of optoelectronically active alkyl-π-conjugated molecules by adding n-alkanes or π-conjugated spacies”, Nature Chem., 6, 690-696 (2014).
- S. Babu, M. J. Hollamby, J. Aimi, H. Ozawa, A. Saeki, S. Seki, K. Kobayashi, K. Hagiwara, M. Yoshizawa, H. Möhwald, T. Nakanishi, “Nonvolatile liquid anthracenes for facile full-colour luminescence tuning at single blue-light excitation”, Nature Commun., 4, 1969 (2013).
- National Institute for Materials Science, Research Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics, Frontier Molecules Group