Admission Policy of Graduate School of Life Science
The Graduate School of Life Science provides students with the training that allows them to acquire an interdisciplinary knowledge of advanced life science, from the level of molecules to organisms. We provide comprehensive education with participation by instructors specialized in fields in the basic and applied life sciences, science, pharmaceutical science, medicine, and agriculture.
<Division of Soft Matter>
The Division of Soft Matter seeks students capable of integrating material science and a wide
range of life sciences, developing soft matter science, understanding the structure and function of living matter from the viewpoint of material science, designing and constructing advanced soft matter, and applying their findings to other fields.
The Division seeks students for this course, especially those who satisfy the following criteria:
- Students who wish to learn basic physics, chemistry, and biology and develop analytical and manufactural techniques in the field of soft matter
- Students who wish to acquire technical capabilities for advanced scientific research and have a strong intention to become educators, researchers, or research professionals in private firms
The Division seeks students for this course, especially those who wish to acquire excellent analytical and discussion skills and conduct original research, such as the hierarchy process of soft matter from the microscopic to macroscopic scales and its association with the principle of dynamic emergent function as well as designing and constructing advanced soft matter.
Curriculum Policy in Graduate School of Life Science (Curriculum Organization and Enforcement Policy)
The curriculum in the Division of Soft Matter reflects recent developments in soft matter research and its associated societal needs. We have created our educational curriculum based on the policies stated below.
- The Division designs an educational curriculum in which students can acquire both basic and advanced knowledge in soft matter science. Through the practical training offered in the Division, students should be able to contribute as researchers or technicians in the field of soft matter science.
- The Division offers training through which students can improve their English presentation skills and global awareness.
- The Division offers an educational curriculum in which students can acquire essential skills to conduct original and highly advanced research in the field of soft matter science.
- Through the curriculum, students can gain a global perspective and become leaders in research and development activities in the field of soft matter science.
Graduate School of Life Science Diploma Policy (Conferment of Degree Policy)
The Division confers a master’s degree on students who enroll in the graduate school for a designated period, receive appropriate research supervision, obtain required credits, and furthermore, have gained the knowledge and skills as stated below.
- Comprehensive knowledge of soft matter science in general and its potential applications
- Technical capability to conduct advanced scientific research
- Communication and presentation skills of an international standard
- Comprehensive knowledge of life sciences, research planning ability, analytical ability, and application development ability for conducting research independently
- The ability to lead research and development in the field of advanced soft matter science