Admission Policy of Graduate School of Life Science
The Graduate School of Life Science provides students with the training that allows them to acquire an interdisciplinary knowledge of advanced life science, from the level of molecules to organisms. We provide comprehensive education with participation by instructors specialized in fields in the basic and applied life sciences, science, pharmaceutical science, medicine, and agriculture.
<Division of Life Science>
The educational goal of training in the Division of Life Science is to enable students to comprehensively understand various living phenomena through biomolecular interactions, and to apply their knowledge and techniques in real life.
On these principles and aims, we seek:
- Students having a strong intention to study not only basic life science but also the primary level of applied life science, as in medicine, pharmaceutical science, veterinary medicine, agriculture, fisheries science and biotechnology, and willing to acquire advanced analytical techniques and broad, in-depth knowledge of life science.
- Students having technical capabilities for advanced scientific research and having a strong intention to become a research professional in private firms, national or local governments.
The division welcomes students with exceptional abilities to analyze and examine a subject and strong desire to conduct innovative and original research, and understand;
- Basic structure and functions of living matter such as cellular biology and molecular biology
- Higher biological function such as physiology and developmental biology
- Structure and functions of individual molecules and their constituents
- Diversity and common principles of life phenomena
Curriculum Policy in Graduate School of Life Science (Curriculum Organization and Enforcement Policy)
Our goal is to nurture students who can conduct original research while comprehensively understanding various living phenomena from molecules to organism level, and have both deep knowledge and skills in the basic and applied research in life science. We organize our educational curriculum based on policies stated below.
- We offer the up-to-date curriculum which reflects most-recent developments in a broad range of life science and its associating social demand. accompanied with, and enforce the curriculum reflecting the recent accomplishment in real time.
- We offer the education in which students can acquire training in research and development activities in life science and contribute as researchers or technicians to life science in future, while acquire the both basic and advanced knowledge in various subjects.
- Bioethics is societally important for the development of life science and medical science Our goal is nurture students who understand basic knowledge in bioethics.
- We offer a curriculum which enable student to correctly understand the path from bioscience to general theory relating to intellectual property rights, and properly handle research results, acquisition of patent and the entrepreneurship.
- We offer training in which students can improve English presentation skill awareness of internationality.
- We offer the educational curriculum in which students can acquire essential skills to conduct original and advanced research activities by imposing an advanced and practical training in life science.
- We offers the educational curriculum which nurture students with a global perspective who can lead the research and development activities in advanced life sciences.
Graduate School of Life Science Diploma Policy (Conferment of Degree Policy)
We confer a Masters’ degree to students who enroll for a designated period, receive appropriate research supervision, obtain required credits, and furthermore, have the following knowledge and skills as stated below.
- The ability to acquire immense knowledge in life science in general and contemplate its application
- Technical capability to support application of the advanced scientific research
- The fundamental knowledge about bioethics and the intellectual property that is required for researchers and technical experts
- Communication and presentation skills in international standard
We confer a doctoral degree to student who enroll for a designated period, receive appropriate research supervision, obtain required credits, and furthermore, have the knowledge and skills as stated below.
- Immense knowledge in life science, research planning ability, analytical ability and application development ability for conducting research independently.
- Technical capability and knowledge for conducting highly original research
- The ability to lead research and development in international advanced life science